Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What's with Me and this so-called English?

When I was young, I was more exposed to English cartoon shows rather than Filipino shows. That makes me how to learn to write and speak in English. When it comes to speaking, my shyness, nervousness, and consciousness becomes the barrier of my language. I can say that my older brother and younger sister are really good in English. They're good in writing and speech. When my aunt came home from America, they even talked to her in English while I was seating there in silence and smiling at them. I really don't know why I'm like this. I'm so conscious when I'm using English because I'm afraid that someone will grammatically corrected me, however, my teachers and classmates would say that I'm good at my writings. By this It should gain my self-confidence, but still, I don't have the courage and I'm scared that what will come out to my mouth next. I'm not just conscious about it, but, I'm also nervous.

I know through this course, it will help me overcome my shyness, nervousness, and consciousness. Maybe this is the purpose for taking this course; to develop and enhance our English in writing and not just in writing but in speech as well. I believe that I can get through this because I know I have this skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment